Santa's Super Simple Strata
Prepare this tasty breakfast casserole the night before Christmas and all you'll need to do, besides adding the topping, is pop it in the oven and bake -- giving you more time to enjoy the morning's festivities.
16 slices bread, crusts removed - divided use
8-ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups cubed ham
1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli, cooked and cut up
6 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
2 cups crushed corn flakes
1/4 cup melted margarine or butter
- Butter a 13x9x2-inch baking dish and line with 8 slices of bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese, ham, and broccoli. Put 8 slices of bread on top of that mixture.
- Beat eggs, mustard, salt, and milk together. Pour over bread and cover with foil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Mix together corn flakes and melted margarine. Place on top of bread mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 1 hour.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Iowa Egg Council.