White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
A festive, mint-flavored white chocolate cheesecake in a graham cracker crust.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar - divided use
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 (8-ounces each) packages cream cheese, softened
3 large eggs
2/3 cup white chocolate chips, melted
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
Sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in melted chocolate and the extract; pour over crust.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.