Extremely Hot Linguine
This recipe for Extremely Hot Linguine was submitted by Siti Annisa of Singapore.
250 grams (approximately 10 ounces) linguine (or any pasta of your liking)
4 tablespoons blended fresh RED chiles (finely minced)
2 tablespoons blended onions (finely chopped)
A pinch of blended garlic (1 garlic clove, finely minced)
100 grams (approximately 4 ounces) chicken pieces (seasoned or plain)
6 fishballs, sliced very thinly*
1/4 small cabbage, sliced very thinly
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small green chile
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as directed from the packaging; drain and put aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry the onions, garlic and chiles until fragrant. And add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the chicken pieces and fishballs and stir-fry until the chicken pieces are cooked.
- Add in the pasta and stir-fry until heated through.
- Add in the cabbage and stir-fry until just heated through and slightly limp, yet still brightly green. Do not overcook the cabbage.
- Cut up the green chile on top of the pasta as garnish. Ready to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
*Available in most Asian Specialty Markets.