These delicious, three cheese, bean and salsa enchiladas are quick and easy to assemble.
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
1 (24-ounce) jar salsa - divided use
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
Sliced ripe olives (optional)
Additional sliced green onions (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the cheeses.
- In another bowl, combine beans, 1 cup salsa, 1 1/2 cups cheese mixture, green onions and cumin.
- Spread 1 cup salsa into the bottom of a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
- Spoon a heaping 1/3 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Place tortillas seam-side down on salsa. Top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with sliced ripe olives, green onions and sour cream if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Grant and Caralee Kohler.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.