This fluffy Parmesan cheese omelet, filled with crisp-tender pieces of asparagus, makes a satisfying entrée that can be served anytime of the day.
10 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
6 large eggs
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 green onions (white parts only), thinly sliced
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl to blend well. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat, add sliced green onions and cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked asparagus; cook until heated through. Reduce heat to medium. Spread the asparagus mixture in single layer in skillet. Pour egg mixture over asparagus. Cook until eggs are very softly set, tilting skillet, gently running rubber spatula around edges and allowing uncooked egg portion to flow underneath, about 4 minutes.
- Tilt skillet and slide omelet out onto plate, folding omelet in half. Cut omelet into wedges and serve.
Makes 4 servings.