Pasta Quatro Fromage
This dish features a rich and creamy pasta sauce made with four cheeses that can double as a fabulous meatless main dish or side dish!
1 (16-ounce) box pasta
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup vegetable stock
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons crème fraiche
A handful of gorgonzola
A handful of mozzarella or fontina
Black pepper to taste
A handful of pine nuts
Parmesan for garnish
- Add pasta to a pot of salted boiling water, and follow packaged instructions.
- In a large skillet make a roux, ratio is one to one. Add butter and flour and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in the vegetable stock and continue stirring.
- Now gradually add the cheese.
- Season the cheese sauce with black pepper and pine nuts.
- Drain and add the pasta to the sauce and top with parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.