Summer Delight Pizza
A delicious way to use some of your summer garden's bounty of red ripe tomatoes.
1 Italian flatbread (such as foccacia)
1 (8-ounce) package soft goat cheese
4 medium-sized vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 large bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
1 medium red or white onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and sliced
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). If you have a pizza stone, place in the oven to heat.
- Place flatbread on an ungreased baking sheet without sides (or use the bottom of a baking sheet). Spread goat cheese on top bread.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil and garlic; spread over goat cheese.
- Top with bell pepper, onion, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): 277.0 calories; 27% calories from fat; 8.6g total fat; 1.6mg cholesterol; 127.5mg sodium; 245.2mg potassium; 43.0g carbohydrates; 3.5g fiber; 2.1g sugar; 39.5g net carbs; 7.1g protein.