Berry Cheese Tart
A delicious and festive triple berry tart topped with a crunchy streusel laced with aged cheddar cheese.
1 sheet refrigerated pie crust pastry (or use your favorite homemade pie pastry for a single crust)
2 cups fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded aged cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Line a 9-inch tart pan with the pastry.
- For Filling: Combine the berries, 3/4 cup sugar, tapioca, and lemon juice; pour into the pastry-lined pan. Set aside.
- For Streusel Topping: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and cheese. Cut in the butter to form crumbs. Sprinkle over the berry mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is well-browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove the sides of the pan and place the tart on a serving plate.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.