Deep-Dish Breakfast Pizza
Recipe courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 (8-ounce) package diced ham
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
6 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces) - divided use
1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (6 ounces) - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Mix flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. Add milk and oil; stir to form a sticky dough. Knead dough a few times on floured surface; press onto bottom of greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For Filling: Sprinkle ham, onion and green pepper evenly on crust. Beat eggs, milk, Italian seasoning and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Stir in 1 cup cheddar and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Pour slowly over ham and vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake in center of 350°F (175°C) oven until center is almost set but jiggles slightly when pan is gently shaken and knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 401; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 221mg; Total Carbs: 16g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 607mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.