Mini Breakfast Pita Pizzas
Recipe courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.
8 ounces turkey breakfast sausages, casings removed
6 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup pizza sauce
4 (6-inch) whole wheat pita pockets
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through. Pour off drippings; return to heat.
- Pour eggs over sausage in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming
- large soft curds. Continue cooking-pulling, lifting and folding eggs-until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not
- stir constantly. Remove from heat.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pizza sauce on each pita bread; place on baking sheet(s). Top with eggs and cheese, dividing evenly. Bake in 450°F (230°C) oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 511; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 424mg; Total Carbs: 40g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 32g; Sodium: 985mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.