Apple Orchard Salad
with Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
Recipe courtesy of Michigan Apple Committee.
For Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing:
2 cups fresh apple cider
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Sprinkle of ground clove to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
Apple Orchard Salad:
4 cups chicken breast, diced
8 cups spring greens
4 fresh Michigan Gala apples, thin sliced
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup glazed walnuts
Lemon juice (optional)
- For Vinaigrette: mix together all ingredients (except oil) until sugar is dissolved. Add oil and mix well. The dressing will keep refrigerated for up to one week.
- For Salad: Toss salad greens and apple cider vinaigrette together in bowl.
- Arrange diced chicken on top of greens. Sprinkle cheese to cover.
- Arrange apple slices in circular rows to cover (Tip: apple will oxidize, these should be placed just before serving. You may want to drop apple slices in lemon juice and water to prevent browning.)
- Sprinkle glazed walnuts to finish.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Michigan Apple Committee.