California Chicken Salad
Serve this tasty mixture as a salad on a bed of watercress or use as a sandwich filling.
3 cups white meat chicken, cooked and cubed
1 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
Watercress for accompaniment
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, onion, cilantro, red pepper and diced apricots. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and barbecue sauce.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and chill before serving.
- Serve on a bed of watercress.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.