Chicken Salad California Style
Recipe courtesy of California Dried Plum Board.
4 cups (4 small heads) Belgian endive leaves
4 cups watercress leaves
2 cups shredded poached or roasted chicken breast
1 cup pitted California Dried Plums
1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons chopped shallot
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pinch ground black pepper
- In large bowl, toss endive and watercress with 1/4 cup vinaigrette.
- Mound in salad bowl or on 6 salad plates.
- In same bowl, toss chicken and dried plums with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- Arrange on top of endive mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- To make vinaigrette: whisk together oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 280; Total Fat: 14g; Cholesterol: 43mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 17g; Sodium: 244mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Dried Plum Board.