Cool Sunshine Salad
A delightful fruit and cheddar cheese composed salad drizzled with a sweet and tangy salad dressing.
1/2 cup light French salad dressing
1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
1 head romaine lettuce, washed and thinly shredded
6 slices cantaloupe
6 strawberries, stems and caps removed
1 cup blueberries, rinsed and stemmed
6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- For Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk dressings together until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
- For Salad: Divide shredded lettuce equally among 6 plates, mounding lettuce in the center of the plate.
- Arrange cantaloupe slices along edges of plates.
- Halve strawberries and place a half at each end of cantaloupes.
- Arrange a cluster of blueberries and a small mound of shredded cheddar cheese on edge of plate opposite of cantaloupe.
- Drizzle dressing lightly over all.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.