Grilled Chicken Salad and Swiss Cheese
in Wonton Cups
A delicious salad mixture of assorted greens, a chiffonade of fresh basil, shredded Swiss cheese and slices of grilled chicken breast, tossed in a citrus vinaigrette and served in crisp wonton cups.
6 (7x7-inch) egg roll wrappers
4 boneless chicken breasts, grilled
3/4 cup orange juice
6 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 large garlic cloves crushed through a press
1 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 cups packaged or assorted greens
2 cups shredded Wisconsin Swiss cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Lightly butter 6 (10-ounce) Pyrex dishes; place 1 egg roll wrapper in each dish. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 7 to 9 minutes, or until lightly brown. Remove from cups and set aside. (Can be prepared to this point and stored overnight, uncovered, in a cool, dry place.)
- Cool chicken, and cut into thin strips. Wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, reserved chicken and dressing; toss well.
- Spoon an equal amount of salad into reserved cups.
Makes 6 servings.
Variation: For a warm appetizer, place a piece of your favorite cheese, vegetable spread, or pate in the center of a wrapper. Fold to make a neat square. Brush lightly with melted butter, and bake in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.