Idaho Potato and Raspberry Grilled Chicken Salad
Slices of grilled chicken, cubes of tender potato and green grapes are tossed in a raspberry mint vinaigrette, served on a bed of mixed greens, and garnished with fresh raspberries and toasted slivered almonds.
1 1/2 to 2 pounds Idaho Potatoes, peeled (if desired) and cut into cubes
1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled or broiled
3 large Belgian endive, sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
3 cups romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
1 bunch watercress, large stems removed
1/2 cup bottled raspberry vinaigrette dressing
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 cups green grapes, halved
1/2 pint container (1 cup) fresh raspberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted (optional)
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add cubed potatoes to boiling water; return to boiling and simmer 6 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain potatoes and set aside or refrigerate.
- Slice cooked chicken into thin strips.
- Mix together washed greens (endive, romaine and watercress) and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mix together vinaigrette, mustard and mint.
- Toss dressing mixture with grapes and chicken. Stir in potato cubes.
- To serve, arrange greens on a platter (or on individual dishes), top with salad mixture and garnish with raspberries and almonds.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy Idaho Potato Commission.