Kiwi Tofu Cafe Salad
Recipe courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.
5 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 to 4 kiwifruit
1 cup croutons, toasted
8 black olives, pitted, drained
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
- For Salad: Sprinkle tofu with cumin, salt and garlic. Add olive oil and stir until mixed.
- Place tofu mixture, including oil, into a frying pan on medium-high heat. Sauté until golden. Drain and cool on a paper towel.
- Slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon out the fruit in bite-sized chunks.
- Place kiwifruit, tofu, croutons and olives in a medium bowl.
- For Dressing: Stir cider vinegar and olive oil together until blended and sprinkle over kiwifruit salad.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 220; Calories From Fat: 58; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 8g; Sodium: 320mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.