Spicy Grape & Chicken Lettuce Cups
A lovely salad for a luncheon, lettuce 'cups' are filled with sautéed chicken, sweet grapes and green onions dressed in a spicy Asian-style sauce.
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 to 5 teaspoons Asian chili paste with garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
1 1/2 cups halved green California seedless grapes
3/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 head iceberg lettuce, cut in half and separated into leaves
1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups julienne cucumber
- In small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Add chicken broth, sugar, vinegar, chili paste and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add garlic and ginger; sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add grapes and green onions; sauté for 30 seconds.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and pour into skillet. Stir until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken mixture in lettuce leaves; garnish with cilantro and cucumber, then roll up. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Table Grape Commission.