Touch of Mint Chicken Salad
A unique and tasty chicken salad tossed with a refreshing, sweet mint-yogurt dressing.
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 skinless, boneless broiler-fryer chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups peeled, chopped apple
1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced, drained
Yogurt-Mint Dressing (recipe follows)
- In small bowl, mix together lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper, reserve 1/2 of the marinade.
- Pour remaining 1/2 of the marinade over chicken breast strips and marinate 30 minutes.
- Drain strips well; discard used marinade.
- Place olive oil in nonstick frypan and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 7 minutes or until brown on both sides. Place cooked chicken in large bowl.
- Add reserved marinade to frypan and heat about 2 minutes, scraping drippings from pan; pour over chicken strips. Add apple, water chestnuts and Yogurt-Mint Dressing, mixing well. Chill thoroughly.
- Serve on lettuce garnished with fresh mint and toasted slivers of almond.
Makes 6 servings.
Yogurt-Mint Dressing: Place about 10 after-dinner buttermints in food processor or blender. Blend until almost powder (should be about 2 tablespoons). Stir ground buttermints into 8-ounce carton yogurt and add 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seed and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, mixing well.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.