Watermelon Baby Carriage Fruit Bowl
Recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
1 red watermelon
4 cups mixed fresh fruit
Orange slices for wheels
Strawberries and kiwifruit for hubcaps
- Almost any shape watermelon will work for this project.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom to provide a stable base.
- Draw the outlines for the carriage as best you can to mirror the image.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out the section to be used for the handle. Cut all the way through the rind.
- Use a decorating tool or knife to cut the fancy edges of the carriage.
- Remove the top section of rind.
- Hollow the carriage and attach the handle with toothpicks.
- Attach wheels made from orange slices and hubcaps made from strawberries and kiwis.
- Fill the carriage with approximately 4 cups of fruit salad.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.