This ethnic-inspired sandwich (the Cubano is very popular with the Hispanic community in Miami, Florida) is sure to become a favorite.
1 package Tyson® Pork Loin in Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce
1 cup Pace® Pineapple Mango Chipotle Salsa
4 slices Cuban or French bread, cut lengthwise
4 slices Swiss cheese
Dill pickle slices
1/4 cup olive oil
- Heat pork loin in the microwave according to package directions.
- To make two sandwiches, mix salsa with the pork and spread equal portions onto two bread slices.
- Place two slices of cheese on top of the pork and salsa mixture on each sandwich. Top with pickle slices and the remaining bread slices.
- Brush outer sides of each sandwich with olive oil.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grill sandwiches, pressing down with a spatula or sandwich press, until browned on one side; turn and grill until lightly browned on the other side.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Tyson Foods and Pace Salsa; through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.