Jumbo Lump Crab Melts
This specialty crab melt, with fresh herbs, gorgonzola and mascarpone cheeses makes great party food.
6 (4-inch long) pieces sourdough baguette
1/2 cup olive oil - divided use
1/3 cup fresh herbs*
Salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed
2 cups jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
1 cup Wisconsin Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbled
1 cup Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
24 slices (2 pounds) ripe red tomatoes
2 cups microgreens
3 tablespoons prepared lemon vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Split baguette pieces in half. Place on baking sheet and brush bottoms with 1/4 cup of olive oil. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of fresh herbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Toast in oven until almost golden. Set aside.
- In bowl, combine crabmeat, cheeses, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, the remaining 3 tablespoons chopped herbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place tomato slices on top of toasted baguette halves. Top each evenly with microgreens tossed with lemon vinaigrette and an equal portions of crabmeat-cheese mixture. Place tops on sandwiches. Cut each in half for 12 equal servings.
- Place on baking sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve warm.
Makes 12 servings.
*Fresh herbs may include thyme, chives, parsley, chervil, and tarragon.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.