Roasted Turkey Cornbread Sandwiches
Sandwiches made with squares of split and toasted green chile-cornbread, spread with Dijon mustard and filled with roasted turkey, ham and red onion.
2 (6.5-ounce) packages cornbread
2/3 cup milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon canned diced green chilies
6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6 slices roasted turkey breast
6 slices baked ham
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine cornbread mixes, milk and eggs according to package directions; stir in chiles. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and cut into 12 slices. Place on a cookie sheet and toast both sides until crisp, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Spread with mustard then layer with turkey, ham and onion. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.