Blueberry Orange Sauce
Serve as a dessert sauce over ice cream, pound cake or as a sweet sauce with roasted or grilled poultry or pork.
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup orange sections (about 2 oranges)
- In a cup combine sugar, cornstarch and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring orange juice and 1/4 cup water to a boil.
- Add blueberries and orange sections.
- Return to a boil; cook until liquid is released from fruit, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sugar mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
Makes 2 cups.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council. Used with permission.