A great gift idea! A bottle of this stir-fry sauce, presented in a simple rustic-style gift bag tied with raffia and a suitable 'garnish' of chopsticks, will be a welcome gift for seasoning a quick and easy stir-fry dish.
1 (15-ounce) bottle soy sauce
1 1/2 cups Chablis or other dry white white
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cloves garlic, cut in half
2 tablespoons chicken-flavored soup base or granules
2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
2 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients; over and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Pour through a large wire-mesh strainer into bottles, discarding solids.
- Store in refrigerator up to 4 weeks.
Makes 4 1/2 cups.
DIRECTIONS FOR GIFT CARD:
- Marinate 1 pound beef, chicken or pork strips in 1/2 cup Stir-Fry Sauce 30 minutes. Drain, reserving sauce.
- Cook meat in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet, stirring constantly, until done; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add 4 cups mixed vegetables, cut in similar-sized pieces, to skillet; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1/2 cup water and reserved sauce; add to vegetable mixture and cook for 1 minutes.
- Return meat to skillet and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over cooked rice. Store remaining sauce in refrigerator up to 4 weeks) Makes 4 servings.
Adapted from a recipe from Southern Living.