Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Once the work of making jam is done—you and your family get to enjoy the fruits of your labor all year-round. And jars of homemade jam always make welcome gift, too!
4 cups rhubarb, thinly sliced
4 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
4 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
10 cups granulated sugar
2 (3.5-ounce) packages powdered fruit pectin
- In large kettle combine all ingredients except the sugar. Cook over high heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Add sugar and keep stirring. Be sure sugar dissolves into the mixture. Return to boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the burner and skim off the foam with a spoon.
- Spoon the hot jam into hot (preferably half-pint) canning jars. Leave 1/4-inch of space at the top.
- Wipe the jar rims and adjust the lids.
- Place the jars in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (begin timing when the water starts to boil).
- Remove jars from canner and cool on racks.
Makes about 12 half-pint jars.