Tomato Citrus Marinated Olives
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
6 plum tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (6-ounce) can whole olives
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Toss tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Place tomatoes, skin side down, on a lightly greased parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in oven for 1 hour. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, chop each tomato half into quarters.
- Toss cooked tomatoes with ripe olives, balsamic vinegar, orange zest, rosemary, thyme, and red pepper flakes.
- Marinate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 85; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 378mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.