Alaska Keta Salmon Steaks
with Tarragon Aïoli and New Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
Juice and zest of 1 navel orange
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Alaska Keta Salmon steaks (6 to 8 ounces each), fresh or thawed
12 new potatoes or fingerlings
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest or 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh minced tarragon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Blend orange juice, zest, canola oil, shallot, honey, ginger, red pepper and salt until mixed; pour into a large zip-top plastic bag. Place Alaska Keta Salmon steaks in the bag; close tightly and turn bag several times to coat fish. Marinate for 15-20 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F | 205°C).
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on well-oiled grill. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, just until salmon is opaque throughout, turning once during cooking. Remove from grill and keep warm.
- While salmon is on the grill, cook potatoes in salted boiling water until fork tender; drain. Quarter the potatoes and toss with butter, zest and parsley.
- For Aïoli: Blend together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To Serve: Portion one salmon steak, topped with 2 tablespoons aïoli, onto a plate. Serve with one-quarter of the potatoes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 762; Total Fat: 23g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 149mg; Total Carbs: 97g; Fiber: 9g; Protein: 44g; Sodium: 695mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.