Alaska Seafood with Couscous
Individual foil packets filled with seafood fillets on a bed of couscous with sliced almonds and currants.
4 (12x18-inches each) sheets aluminum foil
2/3 cup uncooked couscous
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1 teaspoon ground coriander
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup currants
1 (10.5-ounce) can double strength chicken broth - divided use
4 (4 to 6-ounce) Alaska cod, pollock, sole/flounder or halibut fillets, thawed if necessary
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
1 lemon, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) or grill to medium-high. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine next 7 ingredients. Stir in half of chicken broth.
- Center one-fourth of the mixture on each sheet of foil. Top with Alaska seafood fillet, butter and lemon slices.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and one end of packet. Through open end, add one-fourth of remaining broth. Double fold remaining end to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or grill 8 to 10 minutes in covered grill. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.