Tender chunks of cooked catfish fillets enrobed in a savory Swiss cheese custard and baked in a flaky pastry crust.
2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cooked and flaked
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust or 8 mini pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, beat together mayonnaise, flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Fold in catfish, cheese and onion. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake in middle of oven for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Catfish Institute.