The richness of crabmeat combined with the piquantness of Swiss cheese and a topping of sliced almonds makes this quiche a winning combination.
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
1 (7-ounce) can crabmeat
2 green onions, chopped
3 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground mace
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Layer shredded Swiss cheese, canned crab, and chopped green onions in a 9-inch unbaked pie shell.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, cream, salt, pepper, grated lemon peel, dry mustard, and mace; mix well. Pour into the pie shell then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.