Grilled Sage Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
10 king scallops, shucked and without the roe
20 fresh sage leaves (or fresh basil leaves)
10 slices bacon, partially cooked and halved
5 ounces prepared flavored oil (such as garlic or herb)
20 wooden skewers, pre-soaked in water
- Preheat grill or barbecue.
- Cut large scallops in half horizontally to make 2 rounds. Place 2 basil or sage leaves on top of each scallop.
- Stretch the bacon with the back of a knife and wrap each bacon strip around 1 scallop, then wrap a second (if used) across the first, to enclose the scallop.
- Thread each scallop onto 2 pre-soaked wooden skewers, brush with the garlic or herb flavored oil and place onto a prepared foil-lined barbecue or grill, or griddle pan placed directly onto the barbecue.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, turning once and serve immediately.
Makes 5 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.