Cheesy Potato Pancakes
Serve these cheesy pancakes warm with eggs, sausages, omelets, or on their own accompanied with sour cream and sliced, sautéed apples or applesauce on the side.
1 1/2 quarts instant mashed potatoes, prepared and cooled
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby or Muenster cheese
3/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour - divided use
1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
6 large eggs
1/2 tablespoon dried thyme, rosemary, or sage
2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat 4 eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, parsley, 3/4 cup flour, chives, 4 beaten eggs and herb(s); mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before molding and preparing.
- To prepare pancakes, form 24 2-inch patties.
- Lightly beat remaining 2 eggs in shallow dish.
- Place remaining 3/4 cup flour in shallow bowl.
- Dip pancakes in egg and then dust with flour.
- In large nonstick skillet, sauté each patty for 3 minutes per side or until crisp, golden brown, and heated through.
- Serve warm with eggs, sausages, omelets, or on their own accompanied with sour cream and sliced, sautéed apples or applesauce on the side.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.