These heavenly, cheesy potatoes make the perfect side dish, whether it's a weeknight or a holiday.
2 pounds russet potatoes, washed
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups bread crumbs - divided use
2 cups (8 ounces) grated Monterey Jack cheese or Colby Jack cheese - divided use
4 large eggs
1 (7.6-ounce) can NESTLÉ Media Crema
2 cups milk
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in large saucepan. Pour in water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 20 to 25 minutes or just until skins begin to crack. Remove from water; cool. Peel and grate potatoes.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan with butter. Sprinkle half of potatoes, 1 cup bread crumbs and 1 cup cheese in prepared pan. Repeat layers.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat eggs lightly in medium bowl with whisk or fork. Beat in media crema. Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Pour over mixture in pan. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.