Cheryl's Sweet Potato Puff
"This sweet potato puff usually graces the table on Thanksgiving and Christmas." Recipe submitted by Jane Henry.
2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled (do not use yams)
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and cinnamon
Crunchy Praline Topping:
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup cornflakes cereal (or use cornflake crumbs)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- Place sweet potatoes in bowl. Mix with an electric mixer for thirty seconds until potatoes are whipped. Add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, nutmeg and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for two or three minutes, until potatoes are light and fluffy.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for twenty minutes or until set.
- For Crunchy Praline Topping: Place all ingredients in bowl. Mix together on medium speed for 30 seconds, or until thoroughly mixed. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Spread crunchy praline topping over hot sweet potatoes. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.