An easy side dish with a fun presentation. Tomato 'cups' are filled with a buttery corn mixture and baked. For added nutrition and flavor, add some shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese to the stuffing.
10 medium tomatoes
2 (14-ounce) cans sweet corn, drained
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup melted butter
- Slice tops off tomatoes, scoop out pulp.
- Combine pulp in bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Stuff tomatoes with mixture.
- Place in greased muffin pan cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) about 20 minutes.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Canned Vegetable Council.