This cornbread stuffing is perfect to pair with every kind of poultry.
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup onions, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup milk
1 cup water*
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (16-ounce) package cornbread cubes
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add onions and celery over medium heat until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir cornbread bread cubes, milk, water and eggs. Mix.
- Now place the stuffing in a buttered casserole dish and bake at 325°F (160°C) for 30 to 35 minutes.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
*Tips: CooksRecipes.com visitor, Loma Sullivan, suggests using chicken or turkey broth for added (and better) flavor, plus adding sage or poultry seasoning (1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning or 3/4 teaspoon ground sage, or to taste). We agree with her, thanks Loma!
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.