Delicious Hominy Casserole
This tasty casserole with golden hominy is sure to warm your family up on cold winter nights.
1 tablespoon butter or oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery with leaves
1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (30-ounce) can BUSH'S® BEST Golden Hominy, drained
Soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook onion, green pepper, and celery in oil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add soup and milk. Stir until smooth. Add cheese and seasonings. Fold in 1 can BUSH'S® BEST Golden Hominy.
- Pour into 1 quart casserole which has been well-greased.
- Tear one or two slices of bread into small pieces to make soft crumbs. Top casserole with crumbs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 201; Total Fat: 9.4g; Cholesterol: 17mg; Sodium: 1084mg; Total Carbs: 23g; Dietary Fiber: 4g;Protein: 5.5g
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Bush's Beans.