Double Cornbread Stuffing
This tasty twist on a classic recipe starts with a packaged corn bread mix and adds turkey bacon, whole kernel corn, onions and celery.
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
1/3 cup butter
1 1/4 cups sliced celery
8 slices Butterball® Turkey Bacon, chopped
2 1/2 cups canned chicken broth
1 (12 to 16-ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
1 (17-ounce) can whole kernel corn, well drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Continue cooking 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Cook and stir celery and turkey bacon 6 to 8 minutes or until celery is crisp-tender. Stir in chicken broth and stuffing mix; mix lightly. Stir in cooked onions and corn.
- Spoon mixture into well-sprayed 2-quart. casserole dish; cover.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 290; Fat 11g; Saturated Fat 6g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 25; Protein 8g; Sodium 965mg; Carbohydrates 39g; Sugar 5g; Iron 0%; Fiber 0%; Calcium 0%.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.