Making fresh pasta is an age-old process that every home cook should know how to do, it's simple, fast and fun.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
- In a stand mixer with a flat beater attached add flour and salt.
- Set the mixer to stir and mix briefly.
- Add eggs and mix until the dough forms into a ball.
- Remove the dough and wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest for 20 minutes before working with it.
- When the dough has properly rested cut it into 4 equal pieces and flatten each piece slightly.
- Attach the pasta roller to your standing mixer start to work your dough through one piece at a time.
- While running the dough through, fold it into thirds to make the edges even.
- Repeat this fold and run through the roller processes 3 to 4 more times.
- Run the dough through without folding once, this will help make the dough more consistent and elastic.
- Run the dough through each level from 1 to 9. This will give the dough a toothsome texture.
- Once the dough is thoroughly worked and flattened out you can attach your desired pasta cutting tool.
- Set to speed 4 and run the sheet of dough through the cutter.
- Lay the cut pasta down and sprinkle with flour giving it a little toss to coat.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.