Florida Oyster Dressing
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
1 pint container Florida oysters, undrained
1/2 cup Florida celery, chopped
1/2 cup Florida onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter
4 cups packaged poultry stuffing
1 tablespoon fresh Florida parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Drain oysters; reserve liquor. Remove any remaining shell particles.
- Chop oysters. Cook celery and onion in butter until tender. Add oysters and oyster liquor to vegetables; cook for 10 min.
- Combine oysters, cooked vegetables, bread cubes and seasonings in a large bowl; mix thoroughly. If stuffing seems dry, moisten with additional oyster liquor.
- Bake dressing in a greased casserole for 30 min. or use for poultry stuffing.
Makes 6 servings.
How much you will need to stuff poultry:
- For 5 to 9 pound bird: 2 times stuffing recipe.
- For 10 to 15 pound bird: 3 times stuffing recipe.
- For 16 to 20 pound bird: 4 times stuffing recipe.
- For 21 to 25 pound bird: 5 times stuffing recipe.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 380; Calories From Fat: 110; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 52g; Protein: 13g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.