Four Cheese Mashed Potatoes
with Wild Mushrooms
Artisan mashed potatoes with four types of cheese and an impressive assortment of wild mushrooms.
2 1/2 pounds (6 to 7 medium-sized) russet baking potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped mushrooms such as chanterelle, cremini morel, oyster and shiitake
1/2 cup chopped green onions with some green tops
1/2 cup soft, spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
1/2 cup shredded provolone
1/2 cup shredded fontina
1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan or asiago cheese
1/2 cup warm milk
Additional shredded cheese for sprinkling (optional)
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until very tender, about 18 minutes.
- Drain in colander.
- Return potatoes to pot and mash with potato masher.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat butter in 10-inch skillet until melted. Add mushrooms and onions and cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir cheeses into hot potatoes until smooth. Add milk to make a creamy consistency. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- Place in serving bowl and serve immediately. Sprinkle with additional grated cheese, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.