Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Easily dress up mashed potatoes with garlic-flavored spreadable cheese. Experiment with other flavored spreadable cheeses.
4 pounds small red or gold potatoes, cleaned (unpeeled)
2 (5-ounce) packages garlic-flavored spreadable cheese
3/4 cup canned chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, boil potatoes gently until tender enough to be mashed, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl; mash with cheese, adding broth gradually until potatoes are of desired consistency; season to taste.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- If serving potatoes immediately, heat broth before adding.
- If making ahead, cover well and chill up to one day.
- To reheat, place potatoes in an ovenproof dish and heat in oven (350°F to 400°F | 175°C to 205°C) for 30 minutes.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.