Idaho® Potato Rosemary Hash
Recipe courtesy of Kristin and Devon Potler of www.lovefeasttable.com.
1 1/2 pounds Baby Dutch Yellow Idaho® potatoes, medium dice
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, separated
1/2 yellow onion, small dice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups water, separated
1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- On medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add chopped onions. Caramelize onions—they should be golden brown.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and diced potatoes. Fry the potatoes, stirring occasionally and gently scraping the bottom of the pan for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoon butter and let it melt.
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil until water is reduced to nothing. Stir occasionally.
- Add another 1/2 cup water and boil again until reduced completely. Stir occasionally.
- Add another 1/2 cup water and reduce half way. At this point, potatoes should be tender.
- Sprinkle in cheese, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.