Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Save yourself the stress of last minute preparation with this easy, make-ahead recipe for cheesy mashed potatoes.
8 medium russet potatoes*
1 (8-ounce) container Wisconsin Cold Pack cheese (any flavor)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter
Pepper to taste
Fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Paprika for sprinkling
- Peel and boil potatoes until tender; drain.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, Cold Pack cheese, sour cream, butter, and pepper. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spoon into buttered 2 quart casserole. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 1 hour.
- Sprinkle top with bacon crumbles, parsley and paprika, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
*You may substitute 5 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.