Raspberry Sweet Potatoes
A simple, yet elegant side dish of sweet potatoes baked in a brown sugar glaze with raspberries.
8 medium-size sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and undrained
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool to touch. Peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch casserole, cut side up.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Spread brown sugar mixture over cut surface of sweet potatoes. Top with raspberries and juice.
- Bake uncovered, in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 25 minutes, spooning raspberries and juice over potatoes occasionally.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.