Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Goat Cheese
These roasted potatoes make an elegant accompaniment. Preparing them ahead of time helps keep last minute food prep to a minimum.
1/2 pound sliced bacon
12 small red potatoes, halved
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup plain goat cheese
4 tablespoons sliced green onions
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons snipped dill weed, plus dill weed for garnish
1/4 teaspoon each seasoned salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In large skillet cook bacon over medium heat, turning to brown evenly, until crisp. Blot bacon on paper towels, mince and set aside.
- Brush cut surfaces of potatoes lightly with olive oil. Place potato halves cut side up on a shallow rimmed baking pan; bake until potatoes are tender and faces of potatoes are lightly browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl mash together sour cream and goat cheese, stir in minced bacon, onion, Parmesan, dill, salt and pepper.
- Top each potato with a spoonful, about 2 teaspoons, of sour cream mixture. Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings.
Make-Ahead Tip: Roast potatoes before guests arrive; keep warm in the oven. Top with cheese mixture before serving.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.