Roasted Sweet and White Potatoes
This doubly good side dish has twice the flavor with two types of potatoes—and a nice presentation, as well.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound sweet potatoes (yams), unpeeled, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 pound baking potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 2-inch chunks
3 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Pour oil onto a baking sheet; heat for 5 minutes.
- Add both types of potatoes and garlic, turning to coat.
- Bake, shaking pan every 15 minutes, until potatoes are brown and crisp, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Season with thyme, salt, pepper and parsley, tossing well.
Makes 8 servings.
Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.