Roquefort Scalloped Idaho® Potatoes
Recipe by David Woodward, Executive Chef of Hilton New Orleans Riverside.
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups canned chicken broth
2/3 cup minced shallots
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt
10 to 11 ounces Roquefort or good blue cheese, crumbled
4 pounds Idaho® Russet Potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- Mix first 5 ingredients in large pot. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add half of the cheese; whisk until smooth. Chill remaining cheese.
- Mix the sliced potatoes thoroughly with the cream mixture. Spread evenly in a prepared cooking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking until potatoes are very tender and liquid bubbles thickly, about 50 minutes.
- Dot potatoes with remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese softens, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.