Singing Sausage and Apple Stuffing
Sweet Italian sausage, apple and bread stuffing with 'parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme'.
1/2 pound Honeysuckle White Sweet Italian Sausage
10 cups bread crumbs, dry
1/2 cup butter
1 large onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 apple, tart (peeled, cored, and diced)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 cup broth, turkey (or chicken)
- Bake bread cubes on a baking sheet at 250°F (120°C) for approximately 20 minutes, until dry.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Sauté onion over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Add celery and mushrooms. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add apple, pepper and then, begin to sing as you add the parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme! Cook for another minute.
- Toss the onion mixture with the dry bread cubes in a large bowl. Remove casing from sausage and sauté over medium heat, breaking up the large pieces. Cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes. Add to bread cubes. Add enough turkey broth to just moisten.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.